CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Hoping to get my point across. . .

I really hate to get all negative, especially since this is only my second post...but I feel what I have to say is neccessary.

First, let me begin by saying that I am not knocking anyone's advice when it comes to Madden. In fact, J.R. and I need all the advice we can get. Afterall, what new parents don't? What I am saying is that giving us your advice is one thing...but insisting your way over ours is another when it comes to raising our children.

Everyone that has children is given the chance to raise them however they choose and see fit. And, with that being said, J.R. and I have our own visions of what and how we would like to do that. I'm not appologizing if you have a problem with the way we are raising Madden. We do what our doctors suggest as far as health goes. Things ARE different than they were 20, 30, even 40 years ago. Scientific research is performed to PROVE how good or bad things are for our kids. It is BEYOND aggravating to hear people say that doctors don't know what they're talking about. If a doctor came to your with life threatening news, I'm sure you'd buck up and pay attention. It is no different to me when it comes to listening to what is in Madden's best interest. Whenever my children are grown and begin to have children of their own, I VOW to respect their desires in what or what not they choose to do when raising their kids. As I said before, I am not saying that we do not want your advice...we NEED it if anything. I'm only referring to those that INSIST on their way being the correct way over ours or even a doctors. It's your opinion and that's fine. I understand that people have been having babies since Adam and Eve, and that your child turned out just fine in the way that you raised them. But, if new, BETTER ways have been discovered then that's the way we're likely to choose and we ask that you respect our decision to do so.

On this note...YES, Madden is breastfed. And, YES, he will continue to be until he is ONE year old. There is absolutely no since in putting him on formula when he can't have cow's milk until he is a year old. I suggest you do some research on the benefits of breastfeeding. It's the BEST thing for moms and babies. We are human NOT cows, so it only makes since to give your baby what's intended for them. It has all the nutrients that babies need, it's 87% water, so there's that, and it gives them all of their mother's antibodies so that it becomes extremely difficult for them to become ill. I understand that some women are not able to breatfeed and some even choose not to and that is perfectly fine. You do what you  think is best for your baby...afterall that is the point of this partcuilar post.

And thirdly, YES Madden is a big baby. I've never in my life seen a near 3 foot long and 22 pound 5 month old! BUT, that also doesn't make his INSIDES anymore ready for something that a normal 5 month old baby isn't ready for. His outsides might look a year old, but his insides are not. And, because he is big, why would I want to shove other things into his mouth that he's not ready for? He's OBVIOUSLY getting all that he needs, wouldn't you say?

Now, with all of that being said, I'm nowhere near admitting that I'm a "know-it-all" or anything of the sort. I need help just as much as the next "new mom", but I do know one thing...and that is that I know what I want for my children...the very BEST. We are doing our very best to raise healthy, sweet, God fearing children. You had your chance to raise your children the way that you choose/chose...give us ours. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment